Are You Prepared for a Pet Emergency?
Apr. 09, 2010
One new item to consider keeping close at hand is Anti-Lick Strip Prevent™ from Nurtured Pets™, a company focused on health and wellness products for pets. These unique pet adhesive bandages are made with natural ingredients — including cayenne pepper, lemon powder, clove oil and oregano. This exclusive blend deters pets from licking, biting and chewing surgical sites, minor wounds, cuts and abrasions as well as helping to alleviate issues stemming from separation anxiety, boredom or other behavioral issues.
Anti-Lick Strip Prevent products can either be used as a therapeutic bandage or applied at the earliest sign of a problem, eliminating a pet's drive to lick, bite and scratch before skin irritations can occur. Anti-Lick Strip bandages are constructed with a peel and stick medical-grade adhesive that lasts up to five days.
“Whether you’re at home or on the road, having a pet first aid kit handy can be a helpful and possibly lifesaving precaution,” said Dr. Robin Valentine, VMD. “Assembling such a kit can be easy and inexpensive.”
Though a first aid kit should never replace proper veterinary care, some simple remedies and devices can prevent a situation from going from bad to worse until professional help can be obtained. A basic kit should include:
- Waterproof container that opens and closes easily but securely to hold first aid items.
- Pet bandages, such as Nurtured Pets’ Anti-Lick Strip Prevent, gauze pads and cotton gauze in case of cuts, scrapes or bites.
- Hydrogen peroxide and anti-bacterial ointment to clean wounds.
- Scissors and tweezers for cutting adhesive tape, removing splinters, etc.
- Eyedroppers for dispensing liquid medication or for cleaning wounds.
- Phone numbers for your pet’s regular veterinarian and any nearby emergency animal hospitals. (When traveling, include numbers for animal hospitals in destination area.)
- Hot/cold pack for soothing injuries and reducing related swelling.
Anti-Lick Strips are available in small, medium and large sizes, and come in a (6) Six Pack or (2) Two Pack. Look for them at PetSmart and other fine pet specialty stores. For more information, visit www.nurturedpets.com or please call 877-PETS-771. All Anti-Lick Strip products are veterinarian-approved and manufactured in the United States.
About Nurtured Pets
Nurtured Pets™ is dedicated to providing products that create a healthy lifestyle for pets.
The company has introduced the first product of its kind to prevent licking, biting and chewing. Clinically proven and formulated with all-natural active ingredients, products include Anti-Lick Strip Prevent™, sold in retail stores, and Anti-Lick Strip Pro™ and Anti-Lick Strip Pro C™ both sold exclusively to veterinarians. The Anti-Lick Strip Prevent was chosen from among hundreds of pet products, as a 2009 Editor’s Choice Award Winner from Pet Product News International. Nurtured Pets, a Lauren International, Inc., company, is an Ohio-based manufacturer. For more information, visit our website at www.nurturedpets.com or call 877-PETS-771. Visit our parent company at www.laureninternational.com.